The ceremony to close the film festival.
Under the theme of “Meta Cinema: Transcending, Discovering, and Beginning,” the 2022 Festival has proposed new visual expressions and ways to enjoy films that transcend cinema.
As the culmination of the 2022 festival, this year’s awards ceremony will feature the announcement of the Official Competition supported by Sony, which will lead to the next year’s Academy Awards®, and the Awards for Excellence in the Non-Fiction and Animation categories, with a total of four films eligible for nomination, the most of any film festival in Japan. The festival will also announce and present awards in the Cinematic Tokyo section, which promotes the appeal of Tokyo to the international audience, and the U-25 Project, a project by directors under 25 years of age living in Japan. The awards ceremony, which will be closed to the public, will be broadcast live around the world.
※Information on the event is subject to change.
- June 20, 2022 16: 30-
- *The event and film details may change.
- Genta Aoki, Rie Mochizuki
- International Competition Jury
- Yoko Narahashi, Hyunri, Jéro Yun
- Asia International Competition & Non-Fiction Competition Jury
- Shinji Higuchi, Pascal Faure, Makiko Watanabe
- Japan Competition Best Short Award & Smartphone Film Competition supported by Sony’s Xperia Jury
- Eiji Okuda, Kiki Sugino, Hassan Fazili
- Animation Competition Jury
- Masaya Kakehi, Juri Manase, Tomoyuki Sugiyama
- Short Film “SAMURAI SWORDFISH” Casts
- Hiroki Iijima, Keisei Kawahara, Marty Friedman
- Short Film “SAMURAI SWORDFISH” Director
- Hiroki Horanai
- Short Film “Inujima Inuko” Casts
- Sara Ogawa
- Short Film “Mom’s Celestial Robe of Feathers” Casts
- Misaki Hattori, Ririka Kawashima, Koh Ikeda
- Short Film “Mom’s Celestial Robe of Feathers” Director
- Kazuhiro Taira
- Film Director
- Naomi Kawase
- MIRRORLIAR FILMS
- Takayuki Yamada, Asami Mizukawa, Chikara Ito
- President of SSFF & ASIA
- Tetsuya Bessho
- Festival Ambassador
- * Listed guests are subject to change